A baby bathtub is a tub that has been designed to be used for bathing babies. The most common type of baby bathtub is called a “tummy tub.”
A tummy tub is a baby bath that has a removable, soft inflatable ring. This allows for babies to be in a sitting position in the tub and helps them maintain their balance. The tummy tub recall was issued when it was found that children’s spines could potentially be injured from the product.
Bath time is a wonderful experience for your baby if he or she enjoys every splash. It is important to obtain the appropriate baby bath tub for newborns and babies.
If you’re seeking to purchase one, you’ll obviously want the greatest, or at the very least one of the top choices previously suggested by parents.
So now we’ll talk about something I came across and found is a product called Tummy Tub, which is the finest there is. With my honest experience and review, I’d want to offer you a sense of my first-hand experience with this basic yet lovely baby bathtub.
How did I come upon this adorable item? My close buddy had suggested it to me. I saw how much she struggled with everyday things when she had her first child, and I told her so one day. She decided to purchase it, and after using it a few times, she became enamored with it, and when I had my son a few months later, I became enamored with it as well, as any parent does…
Also see our list of the 12 Best Baby Monitors for Sensitive Parents.
Quick Navigation & Previews
What is a Tummy Tub, exactly?
A kind of baby bath is the original belly tub baby bath. It’s in the form of a tub/bucket and has been created especially to help your infant when bathing.
The distinct design has been approved by healthcare professionals worldwide, which is what prompted me to get one when my son was born 9 months ago, and my is he a happy lad; always giggling during bath time, which is a lot better than I expected given the many disturbing stories I’d heard about newborn babies despise bath time.
Because of its brilliant design, I can see my kid when washing him. It also helps since its form is similar to that of the womb, allowing for a smooth transition into the world of daily bathing, which may be traumatic for a baby.
Furthermore, since infants are hunched up in the fetal position, they preserve body heat, which lowers the risk of their getting a cold and keeps them peaceful and cheerful.
Nothing surpasses this baby bathtub in terms of safety. In the fetal position, your baby is unlikely to roll over and drown. Of course, you should always be there and keep an eye on the infant as he or she bathes.
Personally, I recommend bathing your infant with water up to the armpit area; anything higher is discouraged. Younger infants with poor head control will need to have their heads supported while being bathed. I’ll confess that I’m a safety freak, so I’ve found it useful to wet a towel and put it in the bucket’s basement to hold my kid up in the tub.
Read This: Simple Croup Cough Treatments
What Makes a Tummy Tub the Best Baby Bath?
Here are a few of the causes behind this.
- It has been dubbed the “most loving and natural baby wash for infants” by doctors.
- The most convenient method to wash your child
- Your infant will have a less stressful bath.
- Many maternity wards, children’s hospitals, neonatal units, and nurseries across the globe utilize a Tummy tub as the first baby bath.
- It’s completely natural and recyclable, and it’s toxin-free, since it’s devoid of BPA, Lead, PVC, and Phthalates.
- Midwives, nurses, and doctors devised and approved the bucket type infant bath.
- This infant bath has passed all of the world’s most rigorous safety requirements and standards.
- The best bath for a newborn infant (but also can be used for children up to 3 years old or until such a time until your baby outgrows it)
- The only bathtub in which your baby will remain quiet and comfortable is the belly tub. Why? It’s made to look like a mother’s womb and the fetal posture, so the baby feels safe and secure within.
- The safest infant bath is one in which your baby stays upright and is completely supported by the tub’s edges.
- The most environmentally friendly and energy-efficient infant bath available, since it saves water, power, and is completely recyclable.
- The water in the bathtub is warmer than in any other infant bath (owing to its design as a ‘tub’ with less surface area at the top).
- Skin-friendly for babies
- It has been in existence since 1996.
- For the parent, it’s compact (simple to store) with an anti-slide base and comfortable grips.
- Cleaning is a breeze.
- You may use it as a toy storage container or anything else after your child outgrows it.
Also see our list of the top 5 baby-proofing devices.
Studies & Reviews
According to studies, the infant bath has healing properties. It promotes the production of endorphins (happy hormones) which relieves indigestion, colic, and gas in infants since they feel calm, warm, and secure inside it. This reduces the likelihood of your infant being irritated and cranky.
Parents have reported switching from traditional baby baths (laid-back variations) to this baby bath bucket and seeing their baby become more relaxed and peaceful.
Also see: Baby Activity Walker: Safety First
The baby belly tub was designed to use very little water, living up to its claim of being an environmentally friendly product; it performs an excellent job of lowering water costs.
The design above helps to keep the water warmer for longer – not only does it have insulating qualities, but it also keeps the water warmer for longer since there is less surface area exposed to air.
Natural to the core
It has been verified to be free of phthalates and leads, as well as BPA and PVC, which are all hazardous substances. It’s very gentle on baby’s skin.
Another useful feature is that, unlike other baby bathtubs that become outdated once your child outgrows them, this tub can be reused and repurposed. For the creative moms out there, you may repurpose it as a water jar, a flower vase, or just a tub to put your baby’s toys in.
Also see: Sleeping Problems in Toddlers and Sleeping Tips for Toddlers.
Stool that goes with it
You may purchase the matching stool to assist protect your back from lengthy bending. I purchased one for myself (poor back, you know) and I just adore it. I don’t have to wake up feeling 40 years older from an aching back because I let my baby enjoy patting at the water in his baby bath as I bathe him. Bathing no longer has to be a one-minute experience.
Following many excellent reviews, I would strongly advise you to give this unique belly bath a try, as it is well worth its weight in gold.
Bathing your tiny angel in a bucket intended for other purposes and containing chemicals that have not been approved as safe is not a good idea.
Try it and you’ll fall in love with it, just as thousands of other parents across the globe have.
The tummy tub baby bath reviews is a type of baby bath that allows for the infant to sit in their own water. This makes it easier for the parent to bathe their child without having to hold them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of baby bath is best?
The best type of baby bath is a warm water and soap solution.
Why are baby bath tubs important?
Baby bath tubs are important because they allow your baby to be in a safe and contained environment while also being able to bathe themselves.
Are Tummy Tubs Safe?
Tummy Tub is a product that is designed to be used in the bathtub. It has no safety concerns and can be used with confidence.
- the original tummy tub
- tummy tub bath
- tummy tub baby bath
- tummy tub argos
- tummy tub colic